LewtoNews

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Picking our Christmas Tree

We went to a cut-your-own tree farm to get our tree this year, even though I knew it meant not getting a Douglas Fir, which has always been my favorite type of Christmas tree. I thought it would be fun to try something new and also to cut our own this year, since AJ probably won't be here next year for Christmas, and I don't know that I'll be able to get a tree by myself.

Anyway, it was lots of fun. These pictures are once again a little backwards, but since it's no big surprise that we end up cutting our tree, I figure it's not ruining anything, really.

Daddy cutting the tree and Josh "helping."
I can't believe he actually kept those gloves on!!

Us in front of our tree. Maybe this will also satisfy all of you who have been wanting a "preggo shot" of me.
Josh next to our tree
Josh trying to balance on a tiny tree stump
Success!!

First thing Josh did after we got there (after going peepee in his potty in the back of the car)? Found and climbed on a giant tractor! The guys running the farm thought this was pretty funny...he just climbed up in it all by himself!
That's one tractor kiddo!
Hmmm...can't quite seem to reach the pedals...or the steering wheel...or the gear shift...
Josh in the "forest"
Trying to find the perfect tree

Riding with Daddy...this was prompted by Josh finding and playing in a fire ant hill...I think he may have gotten one bite on his hand, but considering he was raking the dirt off it, that's pretty good, I think. Didn't seem to bother him too much.

Anyway, it's sitting in the garage in water, waiting till AJ has time to fix it in its stand and bring it in so we can decorate it...hopefully tomorrow afternoon! We'll post more pix when we get it all up and prettified!

1 comment:

duchessbelle said...

Looks like you guys had a ball!